Low-Cost Veterinary Care
Access to Veterinary Care in the East Bay
Veterinary care is expensive, but the clinics and organizations listed here provide low-cost or free services for pet and/or free-roaming cats.
The following organizations provide free or low-cost spay/neuter surgeries for cats.
- Animal Fix Clinic in Richmond provides spay/neuter and other surgeries for cats and dogs at tiered pricing based on income.
- Nine Lives Foundation in Redwood City does spay/neuter for feral and pet cats.
- FOAS PetFix Free Spay/Neuter Program provides spay/neuter vouchers and holds spay/neuter events for cats and dogs from Oakland only.
- East Bay SPCA provides spay/neuter for feral cats.
- Low Cost Spay Neuter Program for Berkeley pet owners is administered by Paw Fund. To qualify, the owner must live in Berkeley and have an annual income of $37,500 or less.
- Spay the Bay is a program at Berkeley Humane that provides low-cost spay/neuter and vaccine clinics for pet cats.
- Ohlone Humane Society offers spay-neuter assistance to residents of Fremont, Newark and Union City.
- Contra Costa Animal Services offers low-cost spay/neuter for feral, homeless, or stray cats in Contra Costa County.
- Paws-in-Need in San Ramon offers financial assistance for spay/neuter of feral or homeless cats.
- ARF in Walnut Creek provides spay/neuter for cats and dogs.
The clinics and organizations below hold vaccination clinics for pets.