FIV – feline immunodeficiency virus
Panleukopenia – feline distemper
FeLV – feline leukemia virus
- Cornell University information on feline leukemia
- Feline Retrovirus Management Guidelines from the American Association of Feline Practitioners
FIP – feline infectious peritonitis
- STOP FIP The Rosey Project – FAQ
- Dr. Addie’s site – FIP info, blood type info. Dr. Addie is a prominent FIP researcher. Her site also has extensive information about mom cat-kitten blood type incompatibility.
- Cornell’s FIP information sheet
- Northwest Animal Eye Specialists – Feline Herpes Viral Infections
- The U.C. Davis Shelter Medicine site is worth exploring. Lots of good information.
- Pet Health Topics from WSU College of Veterinary Medicine – Simple, well-illustrated how-tos on various procedures (giving subQ fluids, determining sex of kittens, trimming claws, giving medications); common problems; diseases; understanding lab test results; anatomy.
- Cornell’s DIAGNOSIS by signs program – This is pretty neat, although it seems to make a point of including all the strange possible diagnoses, in the differential diagnosis. You select signs (symptoms) from lists, and then hit search, it gives you lists of possible diagnoses.
- Quality of Life – Quality of Death by Ella Bittel for The Latham Foundation