The goal of our adoption process is to place the right cat(s) with the right person. These are the steps:
- Pick out a cat or think about the qualities you want in a cat.
- Complete our online questionnaire (below) or an in-person interview at our adoption site.
- Meet the cat in the foster home or at our adoption site and talk to the foster parent to see if the cat is a good fit for your household.
- We will bring the cat to your home to complete the adoption and go over a safety checklist.
- Cats and kittens (under 8 years): $100
- Cats (over 8 years): $75
- Two cats adopted together: full amount of the higher fee, half the amount of the lower or same fee; e.g. a kitten and a cat (under 8) would be $100.00 + 50.00 = $150.00
Prior to adoption all cats and kittens are:
- Spayed or neutered
- FeLV and FIV tested
- FVRCP (distemper) vaccinated
- Rabies vaccinated (if old enough)
- Treated for fleas
Please read before you start: Are you within a 1-hour drive of Alameda or Oakland? Since we complete our adoptions in the adoptive home, we generally adopt to families within 1 hour of the Alameda/Oakland area.
If the page appears blank after you click “Next,” you may need to scroll up to see the next page of the questionnaire.